Pages

Tuesday 7 June 2011

A Bouquet of Bloomers

When my daughter was born, I made her a wardrobe full of lovely little dresses...



and then she learnt how to play peek-a-boo by pulling the skirts over head...




so I started on a new wardrobe of matching pants.




This was the very first pair, made from the scrappiest of small scraps.




Then I realised a pattern might be helpful, and invested in New Look 6718.


(with help from the cat)

I experimented with contrasting casing for the leg elastic...



... shirring instead of casing...




... and little shorts, with no elastic at all.



And then made a few more just for fun.


That was before I'd been introduced to Oliver + S.




This summer's bloomers are the O+S tea party pattern... 


(sugar city village frock)

made to match this dress,


(Oliver + S music box jumper)
and this dress,

(the seashore sundress)
and this dress.




And at last I felt brave enough to make some of my very own design...




... with ruffles.




(These are adorable on a crawling baby - I'll put together more details and a mini-tutorial for next time, if anyone is interested).

Thank you for coming to have a look!



5 comments:

  1. Bloomers everywhere! The ruffles are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very interested in a tutorial(only when you have time)
    xn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tutorial for the ruffles would be fantastic! These are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement, Nicole and Melissa. I've got fabric in mind and will get on with cutting some out.

    ReplyDelete