When my daughter was born, I made her a wardrobe full of lovely little dresses...
and then she learnt how to play peek-a-boo by pulling the skirts over head...
so I started on a new wardrobe of matching pants.
This was the very first pair, made from the scrappiest of small scraps.
Then I realised a pattern might be helpful, and invested in New Look 6718.
|(with help from the cat)|
I experimented with contrasting casing for the leg elastic...
... shirring instead of casing...
... and little shorts, with no elastic at all.
And then made a few more just for fun.
That was before I'd been introduced to Oliver + S.
This summer's bloomers are the O+S tea party pattern...
|(sugar city village frock)|
made to match this dress,
|(Oliver + S music box jumper)|
and this dress,
|(the seashore sundress)|
and this dress.
And at last I felt brave enough to make some of my very own design...
... with ruffles.
(These are adorable on a crawling baby - I'll put together more details and a mini-tutorial for next time, if anyone is interested).
Thank you for coming to have a look!