Pages

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Elsie Marley KCWC

Starting out on the Elsie Marley Kids Clothing Week Challenge today: the aim is an hour of sewing every day for a week. What a joy!






I especially like Elsie Marley's name, which come from a charming little nursery rhyme that I'd never encountered until son#1 was born:

Elsie Marley has grown so fine
She won't get up to feed the swine
But lies in bed 'til eight or nine.
Lazy Elsie Marley!

When I first read it, at a time when I was new to parenthood and early mornings, it seemed a bit hard on poor Elsie - surely eight o'clock wasn't really so late? But ten years on I see it in quite a different light, and 'eight or nine' seems impossibly, outrageously, disgracefully late.

Or perhaps I'm just a bit envious.

Off to sew now...


1 comment:

  1. I don't know that one,I am sure it is more tasteful then 'Cinderella,dressed in yella,went upstairs to kiss her fella,on the way her knickers busted,how many people were disgusted? 1 2 3 .....''

    ReplyDelete